60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: 2007 Census of Law Enforcement Aviation Units.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until October 1, 2007. This Start Printed Page 42430process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Steven Smith, Bureau of Justice Statistics, 810 Seventh St., NW., Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies' estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Proposed Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: 2007 Census of Law Enforcement Aviation Units.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Not applicable.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Federal, State, and Local Government. This information collection is a census of State and local law enforcement agency aviation units. The census will provide detailed statistics on the operations, personnel, expenditures, equipment, and other information about these important units.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 250 respondents will complete a one-hour questionnaire.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 250 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: July 27, 2007.
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E7-14949 Filed 8-1-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-P