In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation announces the following meeting:
Name: Advisory Committee for Engineering (1170).
Date/Time: October 24th, 2007; 1-6 p.m. October 25th, 2007; 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, Room 1235, 4201 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA.
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Shirah Pope, Executive Assistant, Office of the Assistant Director for Engineering 703-292-8300.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice, recommendations and counsel on major goals and policies pertaining to engineering programs and activities.
Agenda: The principal focus of the meeting will be a discussion of emerging issues and opportunities for the Directorate for Engineering and its divisions. Other topics include:
- Impact of Proposal Award and Management Mechanisms.
- Emerging Frontiers Research and Innovation Update.
- Subcommittee report on University-Industry Partnerships.
- NSF Broadening Participation Working Group.
- Engineering Education and Centers Division update and COV Report.
Dated: October 4, 2007.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. E7-19917 Filed 10-9-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P