30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. OMB Control Number: 1615-0013.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on August 14, 2007, at 72 FR 45440. The notice allowed for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS received one comment from the public. The comment and response to the comment are addressed in item 8 of the supporting statement.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until December 6, 2007. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-6974 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0013 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the Start Printed Page 62668proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Travel Document.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-131. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Certain aliens, namely permanent or conditional residents, refugees or asylees and aliens abroad use this information collection to apply for a travel document to lawfully enter or reenter the United States.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 164,103 responses at 1 hour and 55 minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 3,117,957 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main. We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., 3rd floor, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529, telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: October 31, 2007.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E7-21704 Filed 11-5-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P