Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), DOT.
Notice of petitions for exemption received.
This notice contains a summary of certain petitions seeking relief from specified requirements of 14 CFR. The purpose of this notice is to improve the public's awareness of, and participation in, this aspect of FAA's regulatory activities. Neither publication of this notice nor the inclusion or omission of information in the summary is intended to affect the legal status of any petition or its final disposition. While the comment period is shorter than the usual 20-day comment period, the FAA recognizes and must balance the need to provide for public comment as well as to be responsive to the petitioner and the public because of the impending January 31, 2008, compliance date.
Comments on petitions received must identify the petition docket number involved and must be received on or before December 17, 2007.
You may send comments identified by Docket Number FAA-2000-8425 using any of the following methods:
- Government-wide rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and follow the instructions for sending your comments electronically.
- Mail: Send comments to the Docket Management Facility; U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., West Building Ground Floor, Room W12-140, Washington, DC 20590.
- Fax: Fax comments to the Docket Management Facility at 202-493-2251.
- Hand Delivery: Bring comments to the Docket Management Facility in Room W12-140 of the West Building Ground Floor at 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
- Docket: To read background documents or comments received, go to http://www.regulations.gov at any time or to the Docket Management Facility in Room W12-140 of the West Building Ground Floor at 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
We will post all comments we receive, without change, to http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information you provide. Using the search function of our docket web site, anyone can find and read the comments received into any of our dockets, including the name of the individual sending the comment (or signing the comment for an association, business, labor union, etc.). You may review DOT's complete Privacy Act Statement in the Federal Register published on April 11, 2000 (65 FR 19477-78).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tyneka Thomas (202) 267-7626 or Frances Shaver (202) 267-9681, Office of Rulemaking, Federal Aviation Administration, 800 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20591.
This notice is published pursuant to 14 CFR 11.85.Start Signature
Acting Director, Office of Rulemaking.
Petitions for Exemption
Docket No.: FAA-2000-8425.
Petitioner: Aero Sports Connection, Inc.
Section of 14 CFR Affected: 14 CFR 61.431 and 103.1.
Description of Relief Sought: To extend the exemption termination date of Exemption No. 6080, as amended, which permits individuals authorized by Aero Sports Connection, Inc. (ASC) to give instruction in two-place powered ultralight vehicles that have a maximum empty weight of 496 pounds, have a maximum fuel capacity of 10 U.S. gallons, are not capable of more than 75 knots calibrated airspeed at full power in level flight, and have a power-off stall speed that does not exceed 35 knots calibrated airspeed.End Further Info End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. E7-23698 Filed 12-5-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-13-P