U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NUREG/BR-0238, Materials Annual Fee Billing Handbook. NRC Form 628, “Financial EDI Authorization”. NUREG/BR-0254, Payment Methods. NRC Form 629, “Authorization for Payment by Credit Card”.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0190.
3. How often the collection is required: Annually.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Anyone doing business with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission including licensees, applicants and individuals who are required to pay a fee for inspections and licenses.
5. The number of annual respondents: 466 (10 for NRC Form 628 and 456 for NRC Form 629 and NUREG/BR-0254).
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 38 (.8 hour for NRC Form 628 and 37 hours for NRC Form 629 and NUREG/BR-0254).
7. Abstract: The U.S. Department of the Treasury encourages the public to pay monies owed the government through use of the Automated Clearinghouse Network and credit cards. These two methods of payment are used by licensees, applicants, and individuals to pay civil penalties, full cost licensing fees, and inspection fees to the NRC. The NRC Form 628, “Financial EDI Authorization,” provides an option to make electronic payment through the Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) Network and authorizes the licensee's bank to pay invoices to the NRC through the ACH. The NRC Form 628 requests the licensee's name, electronic funds transfer contact, telephone number, address, authorized signature and title.
NRC Form 629, “Authorization for Payment by Credit Card,” is another option used to authorize payment. The credit card authorization form is used by licensees to authorize payment by credit card for license fees and for payment of fees for fingerprint cards, and solicits information that identifies the cardholder's name, address, account number, card expiration date, cards accepted, cardholder's signature, invoice number or license number.
There are no record keeping requirements associated with this collection.
Submit, by February 11, 2008, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Margaret A. Janney (T-5 F52), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7245, or by Internet electronic mail to INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 7th day of December 2007.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Margaret A. Janney,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E7-24168 Filed 12-12-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P