Skip to Content

Notice

Proposed Collection; Comment Request

Document Details

Information about this document as published in the Federal Register.

Published Document

This document has been published in the Federal Register. Use the PDF linked in the document sidebar for the official electronic format.

Start Preamble

Upon Written Request, Copies Available From: Securities and Exchange Commission, Office of Investor Education and Advocacy, Washington, DC 20549-0213.

Extension: Form CB, OMB Control No. 3235-0518, SEC File No. 270-457.

Notice is hereby given that, pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.), the Securities and Exchange Commission (“Commission”) is soliciting comments on the collection of information summarized below. The Commission plans to submit this existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget for extension and approval.

Form CB (17 CFR 239.800) is a tender offer statement filed in connection with a tender offer for a foreign private issuer. This form is used to report an issuer tender offer conducted in compliance with Exchange Act Rule 13e-4(h)(8) (17 CFR 240.13e-4(h)(8)) and a third-party tender offer conducted in compliance with Exchange Act Rule 14d-1(c) (17 CFR 240.14d-1(c)). Form CB takes approximately .5 hours per response to prepare and is filed by 200 issuers annually. We estimate that 25% of the .5 hours per response (.125 hours) is prepared by issuer for an annual reporting burden of 25 hours (.125 hours per response × 200 responses). The remaining 75% of the burden hours is prepared by outside counsel.

Written comments are invited on: (a) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden imposed by the collection of information; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology. Consideration will be given to comments and suggestions submitted in writing within 60 days of this publication.

Please direct your written comments to R. Corey Booth, Director/Chief Information Officer, Securities and Exchange Commission, C/O Shirley Martinson, 6432 General Green Way, Alexandria, Virginia 22312; or send an e-mail to: PRA_Mailbox@sec.gov.

Start Signature

Dated: January 3, 2008.

Florence E. Harmon,

Deputy Secretary.

End Signature End Preamble

[FR Doc. E8-352 Filed 1-11-08; 8:45 am]

BILLING CODE 8011-01-P