Office of Foreign Assets Control, Treasury.
The Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) is publishing the names of four newly designated individuals and one newly designated entity whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to Executive Order 13438 of July 17, 2007, “Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq.”
The designation by the Secretary of the Treasury of the four individuals and one entity identified in this notice pursuant to Executive Order 13438 is effective on January 9, 2008.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Assistant Director, Compliance Outreach & Implementation, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Department of the Treasury, Washington, DC 20220, tel.: 202/622-2490.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Electronic and Facsimile Availability
This document and additional information concerning OFAC are available from OFAC's Web site (http://www.treas.gov/ofac) or via facsimile through a 24-hour fax-on-demand service, tel.: 202/622-0077.
On July 17, 2007, the President issued Executive Order 13438 (the “Order”) pursuant to the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, 50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq., the National Emergencies Act, 50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq., and section 301 of title 3, United States Code. In the Order, the President declared a national emergency to address the threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by acts of violence threatening the peace and stability of Iraq and undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq and to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people.
Section 1 of the Order blocks, with certain exceptions, all property and interests in property that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons, including any overseas branch, of the following persons: Persons who are determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense, (1) to have committed, or to pose a significant risk of committing, an act or acts of violence that have the purpose or effect of threatening the peace or stability of Iraq or the Government of Iraq, or undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq or to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people; (2) to have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, or technical support for, or goods or services in support of, such an act or acts of violence or any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to the Order; or (3) to be owned or controlled by, or to have acted or purported to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to the Order.
On January 9, 2008, the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense, designated, pursuant to one or more of the criteria set forth in the Order, four individuals and one entity whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to Executive Order 13438.
The list of designees is as follows:
1. AL LAMI, Isma'il Hafiz (a.k.a. AL-LAMI, Ismail; a.k.a. AL-LAMI, Isma'il Hafith Abid 'Ali; a.k.a. AL-ZARGAWI, Ismai'il Hafuz; a.k.a. IZAJAWI, Ismail Hafeth; a.k.a. “DAR'A, abu”; a.k.a. “DIRI, Abu”; a.k.a. “DURA, Abu”; a.k.a. “HAYDAR, Abu”), Sadr City, Baghdad, Iraq; Iran; DOB circa 1957; POB Baghdad, Iraq; citizen Iraq.
2. AL-JABURI, Mish'an Rakin Thamin (a.k.a. AL JABBURY, Mashaan Rakadh Dhamin; a.k.a. AL JABOURI, Meshan Thamin; a.k.a. AL JABOURI, Mishan Riqardh Damin; a.k.a. AL JABURI, Misham; a.k.a. AL-JABBURI, Mishan; a.k.a. AL-JABBURI, Mish'an Rakkad Damin; a.k.a. ALJABOURI, Mashaan; a.k.a. AL-JABOURI, Mishan; a.k.a. AL-JABURI, Mushan; a.k.a. AL-JIBURI, Mush'an; a.k.a. AL-JUBOURI, Mishaan; a.k.a. AL-JUBURI, Meshaan; a.k.a. AL-JUBURI, Mish'an; a.k.a. EL-JBURI, Mash'an; a.k.a. JABOURI, Mashaan; a.k.a. JIBOURI, Mishan; a.k.a. JUBURI, Mashan), Ladikiya, Syria; Damascus, Syria; DOB 1 Aug 1957; POB Ninwa, Iraq; citizen Syria; nationality Iraq; Passport 01374026.
3. AL-SHEIBANI, Abu Mustafa (a.k.a. AL-ATTABI, Hameid Thajeil Wareij; a.k.a. AL-SHAYBANI, Abu Mustafa; a.k.a. AL-SHAYBANI, Hamid; a.k.a. AL-SHEBANI, Abu Mustafa; a.k.a. AL-SHEIBANI, Hamid Thajil; a.k.a. AL-SHEIBANI, Mustafa; a.k.a. THAJIL, Hamid), Tehran, Iran; DOB circa 1959; alt. DOB circa 1960; POB Nasiriyah, Iraq; citizen Iran; alt. citizen Iraq.
4. FORUZANDEH, Ahmed (a.k.a. FAYRUZI, Ahmad; a.k.a. FOROOZANDEH, Ahmad; a.k.a. FORUZANDEH, Ahmad; a.k.a. FRUZANDAH, Ahmad; a.k.a. “ABU AHMAD ISHAB”; a.k.a. “ABU SHAHAB”; a.k.a. “JAFARI”), Qods Force Central Headquarters, Former U.S. Embassy Compound, Tehran, Iran; DOB circa 1960; alt. DOB 1957; alt. DOB circa 1955; alt. DOB circa 1958; alt. DOB circa 1959; alt. DOB circa 1961; alt. DOB circa 1962; alt. DOB circa 1963; POB Kermanshah, Iran; Brigadier General, Commanding Officer of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force Ramazan Corps; Deputy Comander of the Ramazan Headquarters; Chief of Staff of the Iraq Crisis Staff.
5. AL-ZAWRA TELEVISION STATION (a.k.a. AL ZAOURA NETWORK; a.k.a. AL ZAWRAH TELEVISION; a.k.a. AL ZOURA TV STATION; a.k.a. AL-ZAWARA SATELLITE TELEVISION STATION; a.k.a. ALZAWRAA TV; a.k.a. AL-ZAWRAA TV; a.k.a. EL-ZAWRA SATELLITE STATION; a.k.a. ZAWRAH TV STATION; a.k.a. ZORAH CHANNEL), Syria.Start Signature
Dated: January 9, 2008.
Adam J. Szubin,
Director, Office of Foreign Assets Control.
[FR Doc. E8-940 Filed 1-18-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4811-45-P