Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The EPA is approving Michigan's oxides of nitrogen (NOX) rules which satisfy the requirements of EPA's NOX SIP Call Phase II Rule (the Phase II Rule). We are approving these regulations based on Michigan's demonstration that they will result in the achievement of the Phase II budget through source compliance with rules affecting stationary internal combustion (IC) engines which are identified in the NOX plan submittal. Limiting NOX emissions from IC engines will enable the State to meet the Phase II incremental difference of 1,033 tons during the ozone season, thereby improving air quality and protecting the health of Michigan citizens.
Comments must be received on or before February 28, 2008.
Submit your comments, identified by Docket ID No. EPA-R05-OAR-2007-0024, by one of the following methods:
1. www.regulations.gov: Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
2. E-mail: email@example.com.
3. Fax: (312) 886-5824.
4. Mail: John M. Mooney, Chief, Criteria Pollutant Section, Air Programs Branch (AR-18J), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 77 West Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60604.
5. Hand Delivery: John M. Mooney, Chief, Criteria Pollutant Section, Air Programs Branch (AR-18J), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 77 West Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60604. Such deliveries are only accepted during the Regional Office normal hours of operation, and special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information. The Regional Office official hours of business are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. excluding Federal holidays.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules section of this Federal Register for detailed instructions on how to submit comments.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Douglas Aburano, Environmental Engineer, Criteria Pollutant Section, Air Programs Branch (AR-18J), Environmental Protection Agency, Region 5, 77 West Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60604, (312) 353-6960, firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In the Final Rules section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the State's SIP submittal as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views this as a noncontroversial submittal and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for the approval is set forth in the direct final rule. If we do not receive any adverse comments in response to this rule, we do not contemplate taking any further action. If EPA receives adverse comments, we will withdraw the direct final rule, and will address all public comments in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period. Any parties interested in commenting on this action should do so at this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of this rule and if that provision may be severed from the remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment. For additional information, see the direct final rule, which is located in the Rules section of this Federal Register.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 40 CFR Part 52
- Environmental protection
- Air pollution control
- Incorporation by reference
- Intergovernmental relations
- Nitrogen dioxide
- Particulate matter
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
Dated: January 11, 2008.
Acting Regional Administrator, Region 5.
[FR Doc. E8-1414 Filed 1-28-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P