30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Data Relating to Beneficiary of Private Bill, Form G-79a, OMB Control No. 1653-0026.
The Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on December 11, 2007, at 72 FR. No. 237 70337, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. No comments were received on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until March 24, 2008. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Data Relating to Beneficiary of Private Bill.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form G-79a. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. The information is needed to report on Private Bills to Congress when requested.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 100 responses at 1 hour per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 100 annual burden hours.
Comments and/or questions; requests for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with instructions; or inquiries for additional information should be directed to: Lee Shirkey, Acting Chief, Records Management Branch; U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 425 I Street, NW., Room 1122, Washington, DC 20536; (202) 616-2266.Start Signature
Dated: February 19, 2008.
Acting Branch Chief, Records Management Branch, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 08-810 Filed 2-21-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-M