Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, HHS.
In compliance with the requirement of section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is publishing the following summary of proposed collections for public comment. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Notice of Provider Non-Coverage (CMS-10123) and Detailed Explanation of Non-Coverage (CMS-10124); Use: The Notice of Medicare Provider Non-Coverage (CMS-10123) is used to inform fee-for-service Medicare beneficiaries of the determination that their provider services will end, and of their right to an expedited review of that determination. The Detailed Explanation of Non-Coverage (CMS-10124) is used to provide beneficiaries who request an expedited determination with detailed information of why the services should end. The revised Notice of Provider Non-Coverage and Detailed Explanation of Provider Non-Coverage will no longer require use of the beneficiary's Medicare number as a patient identifier. Instead, when applicable, providers may use a number that helps to link the notice with a related claim. Form Number: CMS-10123 and 10124 (OMB #0938-0953); Frequency: Occasionally; Affected Public: Business or other for-profit, Not-for-profit institutions, and Individuals or households; Number of Respondents: 3,115,637; Total Annual Responses: 3,115,637; Total Annual Hours: 522,138.
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Organ Procurement Organization/Histocompatibility Laboratory Statement of Reimbursable Costs, manual instructions and supporting regulations contained in 42 CFR 413.20 and 413.24; Use: This form is required by the statute and regulation for participation in the Medicare program. The information is used to determine payment for Medicare. Organ Procurement Organizations and Histocompatibility Laboratories are the users. Form Number: CMS-216-94 (OMB #0938-0102); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Business or other for-profit, Not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 108; Total Annual Responses: 108; Total Annual Hours: 4,860.
3. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: National Provider Identifier (NPI) Application and Update Form and Supporting Regulations in 45 CFR 142.408, 45 CFR 162.406, 45 CFR 162.408; Use: The National Provider Identifier (NPI) Start Printed Page 11120Application and Update Form is used by health care providers to apply for NPIs and furnish updates to the information they supplied on their initial applications. The form is also used to deactivate their NPIs if necessary. The NPI Application/Update form has been revised to further assist in uniquely identifying health care providers and provide additional guidance on how to accurately complete the form. The form captures additional data elements that will assist with unique identification. It also includes more detailed instructions. Form Number: CMS-10114 (OMB #0938-0931); Frequency: Reporting—On occasion, one-time; Affected Public: Business or other for-profit, Not-for-profit institutions, and Federal government; Number of Respondents: 325,608; Total Annual Responses: 325,608; Total Annual Hours: 108,560.
To obtain copies of the supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed paperwork collections referenced above, access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995, or e-mail your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov, or call the Reports Clearance Office on (410) 786-1326.
In commenting on the proposed information collections please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in one of the following ways by April 29, 2008:
1. Electronically. You may submit your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address: CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number ______, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.Start Signature
Dated: February 21, 2008.
Director, Regulations Development Group, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. E8-3839 Filed 2-28-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P