This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
60-day notice of information collection under review: Form G-845, Document Verification Request, and Document Verification Request Supplement; OMB Control No. 1615-0101.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until May 5, 2008.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to (202) 272-8352 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0101 in the subject box.
During this 60-day period USCIS will be evaluating whether to revise the Form G-845 and Supplement. Should USCIS decide to revise the Form G-845 and Supplement it will advise the public when it publishes the 30-day notice in the Federal Register in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act. The public will then have 30 days to comment on any revisions to the Form G-845 and Supplement.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection: Start Printed Page 11655
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Document Verification Request and Document Verification Request Supplement.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Forms G-845 and G-845 Supplement. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals and Households. The information collection allow for the verification of immigration status of certain persons applying for benefits under certain entitlement programs.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 500,000 responses at 5 minutes (.083 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 41,500 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529, Telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: February 28, 2008.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E8-4136 Filed 3-3-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P