60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form I-192, Application for Advance Permission to Enter as Nonimmigrant (Pursuant to 212(d)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act); OMB Control No. 1615-0017.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until May 9, 2008.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to (202) 272-8352 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control No.1615-0017 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview Of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Advance Permission to Enter as Nonimmigrant (Pursuant to 212(d)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-192. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. The information furnished on Form I-192 will be used to determine if the applicant is eligible to enter the U.S. temporarily under the provisions of section 212(d)(3) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 4,420 responses at 30 minutes (0.50) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 2,210 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529, Telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: March 3, 2008.
Acting Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E8-4694 Filed 3-7-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P