60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form I-363, Request to Enforce Affidavit of Financial Support and Intent to Petition for Custody for Public Law 97-359 Amerasian; OMB Control Number 1615-0022.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of Start Printed Page 142631995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until May 16, 2008.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail please add the OMB Control Number 1615-0022 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Request to Enforce Affidavit of Financial Support and Intent to Petition for Custody for Public Law 97-359 Amerasian.
(3) Agency form number, if any and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-363. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. This information collection is used to ensure the financial support of an Amerasian child of a U.S. citizen. Without the use of this information collection, the USCIS is not able to ensure the child does not become a public charge.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 50 responses at .5 hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 25 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit: http://www.regulations.gov/search/index.jsp.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529, telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: March 11, 2008
Acting Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. E8-5246 Filed 3-14-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P