30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Situational Policing Officer and Neighborhood Survey.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The revision of a currently approved information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for 30 days for public comment until April 17, 2008. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Rebekah Dorr, Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, 1100 Vermont Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including Start Printed Page 14486whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Proposed collection; comments requested.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Situational Policing Officer and Neighborhood Survey.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: None. U.S. Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: A small number of law enforcement officers and residents in the following jurisdictions: Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, Akron, OH and Ohio County, WV.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that approximately 1,600 respondents for the neighborhood survey for an average of 15 minutes per response. It is estimated that approximately 200 respondents for the officer survey for an average of 10 minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total estimated burden is 433.5 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: March 14, 2008.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E8-5382 Filed 3-17-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-P