Food and Drug Administration, HHS.
Final rule; technical amendment.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is amending its regulations to change the fax number to which food facility registration forms under the Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002 (the Bioterrorism Act) can be sent. This action is editorial in nature and is intended to improve the accuracy of the agency's regulations.
This rule is effective March 26, 2008.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Catherine Copp, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (HFS-4), Food and Drug Administration, 5100 Paint Branch Pkwy., College Park, MD 20740, 301-436-2379.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
FDA is amending its regulations in part 1 (21 CFR part 1). Several sections in part 1 cite a fax number to which food facility registration forms under the Bioterrorism Act (Public Law 107-188) can be sent. This rule replaces the obsolete information with correct information.
The final rule contains no collection of information. Therefore, clearance by the Office of Management and Budget under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 is not required.
Publication of this document constitutes final action on these changes under the Administrative Procedure Act (5 U.S.C. 553). These amendments remove obsolete information and are not substantive. FDA therefore, for good cause, finds under 5 U.S.C. 553(b)(3)(B) and (d)(3) that notice and comment are unnecessary.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 21 CFR Part 1End List of Subjects Start Amendment Part
Therefore, under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and under authority delegated to the Commissioner of Food and Drugs,End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1—GENERAL ENFORCEMENT REGULATIONSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation forEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. Section 1.231 is amended by revising paragraph (b)(2) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(b) * * *
(2) When you receive the form, you must fill it out completely and legibly and either mail it to the address in paragraph (b)(1) of this section or fax it to 301-436-2804 or 1-800-573-0846.
3. Section 1.234 is amended by revising paragraph (d)(2) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(d) * * *
(2) When you receive the form, you must legibly fill out the sections of the form reflecting your updated information and either mail it to the address in paragraph (d)(1) of this section or fax it to 301-436-2804 or
4. Section 1.235 is amended by revising paragraph (d)(2) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(d) * * *
(2) When you receive the form, you must completely and legibly fill out the form and either mail it to the address in paragraph (d)(1) of this section or fax it to 301-436-2804 or 1-800-573-0846.
Dated: March 18, 2008.
Associate Commissioner for Policy and Planning.
[FR Doc. E8-6052 Filed 3-25-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4160-01-S