Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: J-1 Visa Waiver Recommendation Application.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0135.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau Of Consular Affairs, Department of State (CA/VO).
- Form Number: DS-3035.
- Respondents: J-1 visa holders applying for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 10,000.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 10,000.
- Average Hours Per Response: 1 hour.
- Total Estimated Burden: 10,000 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to obtain or retain a benefit.
Submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for up to 30 days from April 1, 2008.
Direct comments and questions to Katherine Astrich, the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), who may be reached at 202-395-4718. You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: email@example.com. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, 725 17th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20503.
- Fax: 202-395-6974.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
You may obtain copies of the proposed information collection and supporting Start Printed Page 17396documents from Lauren Prosnik of the Office of Visa Services, U.S. Department of State, 2401 E Street, NW., L-603, Washington, DC 20520, who may be reached at (202) 663-2951.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary to properly perform our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond,
Abstract of proposed collection:
Form DS-3035 is used to determine the eligibility of a J-1 visa holder for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement.
Form DS-3035 will be mailed to the Waiver Review Division of the State Department.Start Signature
Dated: February 29, 2008.
Stephen A. Edson,
Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. E8-6673 Filed 3-31-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P