Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments concerning application instructions designed to be used for Learn and Serve America grant competitions and continuation funding requests. The application is completed electronically using eGrants, the Corporation's web-based grants management system.
Applicants will respond to the questions included in these instructions in order to apply for funding in these Learn and Serve America competitions.
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the ADDRESSES section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by June 2, 2008.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods: Start Printed Page 17959
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service; Attention: Cara Patrick, Learn and Serve America; 1201 New York Avenue, NW., Washington, DC, 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3477, Attention: Cara Patrick, Learn and Serve America.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system: email@example.com.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Cara Patrick, (202) 606-6905, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
These application instructions will be used by applicants for funding through Corporation competitions focusing on strategic initiatives or other priorities. The application is completed electronically using eGrants, the Corporation's web-based grants management system, or submitted via e-mail. This information collection instructs applicants to complete a three part narrative which includes program design, organizational capability, and budget.
Current Action: Learn and Serve America Application Instructions.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Learn and Serve Application Instructions.
OMB Number: 3045-0045 for Learn and Serve America School and Community-Based Application Instructions and 3045-0046 for Learn and Serve America Higher Education Instructions.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Current/prospective recipients of Learn and Serve America funding.
Total Respondents: 900.
Frequency: Annually, depending upon the availability of appropriations.
Average Time Per Response: Averages 8 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 7,200 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: March 26, 2008.
Associate Director, Learn and Serve America, Corporation for National and Community Service.
[FR Doc. E8-6848 Filed 4-1-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P