U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the Start Printed Page 23502following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on January 31, 2008.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: Design Information Questionnaire—IAEA-N71 and associated Forms N-72, N-73, N-74, N-75, N-91, N-92, N-93, N-94.
3. Current OMB approval number: OMB 3150-0056.
4. The form number if applicable: N-71, N-72, N-73, N-74, N-75, N-91, N-92, N-93, and N-94.
5. How often the collection is required: Approximately 1 time annually.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Licensees of facilities on the U.S. eligible list who have been notified in writing by the NRC to submit the form.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 1.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 360 reporting hours (1 respondent × 360 hours per response).
10. Abstract: In order for the United States to fulfill its responsibilities as a participant in the U.S./International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Safeguards Agreement, the NRC must collect information from licensees about their installations and provide it to the IAEA. Licensees of facilities that appear on the U.S. eligible list and have been notified in writing by the NRC are required to complete and submit a Design Information Questionnaire, IAEA Form N-71 (and the appropriate associated IAEA Form) or Form N-91, to provide information concerning their installation for use of the IAEA.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by May 30, 2008. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. Nathan J. Frey, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0056), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Nathan_J._Frey@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-7345.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Margaret A. Janney, (301) 415-7245.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 24th day of April 2008.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E8-9446 Filed 4-29-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P