Skip to Content

Notice

Proposed Collection; Comment Request

Document Details

Information about this document as published in the Federal Register.

Published Document

This document has been published in the Federal Register. Use the PDF linked in the document sidebar for the official electronic format.

Start Preamble

Upon written request, copies available from: Securities and Exchange Commission, Office of Investor Education and Advocacy, Washington, DC 20549-0213.

Extension:

Form S-4; OMB Control No. 3235-0324; SEC File No. 270-287.

Notice is hereby given that, pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.), the Securities and Exchange Commission (“Commission”) is soliciting comments on the collection of information summarized below. The Commission plans to submit this existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget for extension and approval.

Form S-4 (17 CFR 239.25) is the registration form used to register securities issued in business combination transactions under the Securities Act of 1933 (15 U.S.C. 77a et seq.). The information collected is intended to ensure the adequacy of information available to investors in connection with business combination transactions. Form S-4 takes approximately 4,064 hours per response to prepare and is filed by 619 registrants annually. We estimate that 25% of the 4,064 hours per response (1,016 hours) is prepared by the registrant for an annual reporting burden of 628,904 hours (1,016 hours per response x 619 responses). The remaining 75% of the burden hours is prepared by outside counsel.

Written comments are invited on: (a) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden imposed by the collection of information; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information Start Printed Page 29548technology. Consideration will be given to comments and suggestions submitted in writing within 60 days of this publication.

Please direct your written comments to R. Corey Booth, Director/Chief Information Officer, Securities and Exchange Commission, C/O Shirley Martinson, 6432 General Green Way, Alexandria, Virginia 22312; or send an e-mail to: PRA_Mailbox@sec.gov.

Start Signature

Dated: May 14, 2008.

Florence E. Harmon,

Deputy Secretary.

End Signature End Preamble

[FR Doc. E8-11280 Filed 5-20-08; 8:45 am]

BILLING CODE 8010-01-P