U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on March 3, 2008.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 100, “Reactor Site Criteria.”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0093.
4. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
5. How often the collection is required: As necessary in order for the NRC to assess the adequacy of proposed seismic design bases and the design bases for other site hazards for nuclear power and test reactors constructed and licensed in accordance with 10 CFR Parts 50 and 52 and the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Applicants and licensees for nuclear power and test reactors.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: Approximately 5.33 (16 responses in three years). Note that this estimate was revised from the estimate published in the 60-day Federal Register Notice for this collection, in which the NRC estimated that it would receive 9 annual responses. The estimate was adjusted to better reflect the number of applications the NRC anticipates receiving during the three-year clearance period.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: Approximately 5.33.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 389,090 (73,000 hours per applicant).
10. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 100, A Reactor Site Criteria, establishes approval requirements for proposed sites for the purpose of constructing and operating stationary power and testing reactors pursuant to the provisions of 10 CFR Parts 50 or 52. These reactors are required to be sited, designed, constructed, and maintained to withstand geologic hazards, such as faulting, seismic hazards, and the maximum credible earthquake, to protect the health and safety of the public and the environment. Non-seismic siting criteria must also be evaluated. Non-seismic siting criteria include such factors as population density, the proximity of man-related hazards, and site atmospheric dispersion characteristics. NRC uses the information required by 10 CFR Part 100 to evaluate whether natural phenomena and potential man-made hazards will be appropriately accounted for in the design of nuclear power and test reactors.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by July 2, 2008. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Nathan J. Frey, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0093), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Nathan_J._Frey@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-7345.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Margaret A. Janney, (301) 415-7245.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 27th day of May 2008.Start Printed Page 31515
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E8-12172 Filed 5-30-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P