30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form N-648, Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions; OMB Control No. 1615-0060.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 14, 2008, at 73 FR 20058 allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS received four comments for this information collection. The comments will be addressed in the supporting statement.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 28, 2008. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Interested persons are invited to submit written comments on the proposed information collection to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. Comments should be addressed to OMB Desk Officer, for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, and sent via electronic mail to email@example.com or faxed to (202) 395-6974.
When submitting comments by e-mail, please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0060. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form N-648. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals and households. USCIS uses the Form N-648 medical certification issued by the licensed medical professional to substantiate a claim for an exception to the requirements of section 312(a) of the Act.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 20,000 responses at 2 hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 40,000 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit: http://www.regulations.gov/search/index.jsp.
If additional information is required contact: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529, (202) 272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: June 24, 2008.
Acting Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E8-14576 Filed 6-26-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P