Energy Information Administration (EIA), Department of Energy (DOE).
Agency Information Collection Activities: Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request.
The EIA has submitted the energy information collection, “Generic Clearance of Questionnaire Testing, Evaluating, and Research,” Form EIA-882T, to the Office of Management and Start Printed Page 37454Budget (OMB) for review and a three-year extension under section 3507(h)(1) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13) (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.).
Comments must be filed by July 31, 2008. If you anticipate that you will be submitting comments but find it difficult to do so within that period, you should contact the OMB Desk Officer for DOE listed below as soon as possible.
Send comments to Nathan Frey, OMB Desk Officer for DOE, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. To ensure receipt of the comments by the due date, submission by Fax (202-395-7285) or e-mail (Nathan_J._Frey@omb.eop.gov) is recommended. The mailing address is 726 Jackson Place, NW., Washington, DC 20503. The OMB DOE Desk Officer may be telephoned at (202) 395-7345. (A copy of your comments should also be provided to EIA's Statistics and Methods Group at the address below.)Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Requests for additional information should be directed to Grace Sutherland. To ensure receipt of the comments by the due date, submission by Fax (202-586-5271) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) is recommended. The mailing address is Statistics and Methods Group (EI-70), Forrestal Building, U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, DC 20585-0670. Ms. Sutherland may be contacted by telephone at (202) 586-6264.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This section contains the following information about the energy information collection submitted to OMB for review: (1) The collection numbers and title; (2) the sponsor (i.e., the Department of Energy component); (3) the current OMB docket number (if applicable); (4) the type of request (i.e., new, revision, extension, or reinstatement); (5) response obligation (i.e., mandatory, voluntary, or required to obtain or retain benefits); (6) a description of the need for and proposed use of the information; (7) a categorical description of the likely respondents; and (8) an estimate of the total annual reporting burden (i.e., the estimated number of likely respondents times the proposed frequency of response per year times the average hours per response).
1. EIA-882T, “Generic Clearance for Questionnaire Testing and Research”.
2. Energy Information Administration.
3. OMB Number 1905-0186.
4. Three-year approval requested.
6. The EIA-882T is used to conduct pretest/pilot surveys (face-to-face interviews, telephone interviews, mail questionnaires, electronic questionnaires), focus groups, and cognitive interviews. Data are used to modify questionnaires to improve the quality of data. Samples of potential respondents to proposed surveys are selected to participate.
7. Individuals or households; Business or other for-profit; Not-for profit institutions; Farms; Federal Government; and State, Local or Tribal Government.
8. 1000 hours ( 4,000 respondents × 1 response per year × .25 hours per response).Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC, June 24, 2008.
Director, Statistics and Methods Group, Energy Information Administration.
[FR Doc. E8-14862 Filed 6-30-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P