International Trade Administration.
Notice of issuance of an Export Trade Certificate of Review, Application No. 08-00007.
On July 21, 2008, the U.S. Department of Commerce issued an Export Trade Certificate of Review to Global Trade International LLC (“GTI”). This notice summarizes the conduct for which certification has been granted.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jeffrey C. Anspacher, Director, Export Trading Company Affairs, International Trade Administration, by telephone at (202) 482-5131 (this is not a toll-free number), or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title III of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 (15 U.S.C. Sections 4001-21) authorizes the Secretary of Commerce to issue Export Trade Certificates of Review. The regulations implementing Title III are found at 15 CFR Part 325 (2007).
Export Trading Company Affairs (“ETCA”) is issuing this notice pursuant to 15 CFR section 325.6(b), which requires the U.S. Department of Commerce to publish a summary of the certification in the Federal Register. Under Section 305(a) of the Act and 15 CFR section 325.11(a), any person aggrieved by the Secretary's determination may, within 30 days of the date of this notice, bring an action in any appropriate district court of the United States to set aside the determination on the ground that the determination is erroneous.
Description of Certified Conduct
3. Technology Rights
Technology rights that relate to Products and Services, including, but not limited to, patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
4. Export Trade Facilitation Services (As They Relate to the Export of Products, Services, and Technology Rights)
Export Trade Facilitation Services, including, but not limited to, professional services in the areas of government relations and assistance with state and federal programs; foreign trade and business protocol; consulting; market research and analysis; collection of information on trade opportunities; marketing; negotiations; joint ventures; shipping; export management; export licensing; advertising; documentation and services related to compliance with customs requirements; insurance and financing; trade show exhibitions; organizational development; management and labor strategies; transfer of technology; transportation services; and facilitating the formation of shippers' associations.
The Export Markets include all parts of the world except the United States (the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands).
Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation
1. With respect to the sale of Products and Services, licensing of Technology Rights, and provision of Export Trade Facilitation Services, GTI may:
a. Provide and arrange for the provision of Export Trade Facilitation Services;
b. Engage in promotional and marketing activities and collect information on trade opportunities in the Export Markets and distribute such information to clients;
c. Enter into exclusive and non-exclusive licensing and sales agreements with Suppliers for the export of Products, Services, and Technology Rights to Export Markets;
d. Enter into exclusive and non-exclusive arrangements with distributors and sales representatives in Export Markets;
e. Allocate export sales or divide Export Markets among Suppliers for the sale and licensing of Products, Services, and Technology Rights;
f. Allocate export orders among Suppliers;
g. Establish the price of Products, Services, and Technology Rights for sales and licensing in Export Markets;
h. Negotiate, enter into, and manage licensing agreements for the export of Technology Rights; and
i. Enter into contracts for shipping of Products to Export Markets.
2. GTI may exchange information on a one-to-one basis with individual Suppliers regarding that Supplier's inventories and near-term production schedules for the purpose of determining the availability of Products for export and coordinating export with distributors.
Terms and Conditions
1. GTI, including its officers, employees, and agents, shall not intentionally disclose, directly or indirectly, to any Supplier (including parent companies, subsidiaries, or other entities related to any Supplier) any information about any other Supplier's costs, production, capacity, inventories, domestic prices, domestic sales, terms of domestic marketing or sale, or U.S. business plans, strategies, or methods unless such information is already generally available to the trade or public.
2. GTI will comply with requests made by the Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the Secretary or the Attorney General for information or documents relevant to conduct under the Certificate. The Secretary of Commerce will request such information or documents when either the Attorney General or the Secretary believes that the information or documents are required to determine that the Export Trade, Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation of a person protected by this Certificate of Review continue to comply with the standard of Section 303(a) of the Act.
“Supplier” means a person who produces, provides, or sells Products, Services and/or Technology Rights.
Protection Provided by Certificate
This Certificate protects GTI and its directors, officers, and employees acting on its behalf, from private treble damage actions and government criminal and civil suits under U.S. federal and state antitrust laws for the export conduct specified in the Certificate and carried out during its effective period in compliance with its terms and conditions. Start Printed Page 43409
Effective Period of Certificate
This Certificate continues in effect from the date indicated below until it is relinquished, modified, or revoked as provided in the Act and the Regulations.
Nothing in this Certificate prohibits GTI from engaging in conduct not specified in this Certificate, but such conduct is subject to the normal application of the antitrust laws.
The issuance of this Certificate of Review to GTI by the Secretary of Commerce with the concurrence of the Attorney General under the provisions of the Act does not constitute, explicitly or implicitly, an endorsement or opinion of the Secretary of Commerce or the Attorney General concerning either (a) the viability or quality of the business plans of GTI or (b) the legality of such business plans of GTI under the laws of the United States (other than as provided in the Act) or under the laws of any foreign country.
The application of this Certificate to conduct in Export Trade where the U.S. Government is the buyer or where the U.S. Government bears more than half the cost of the transaction is subject to the limitations set forth in Section V.(D.) of the “Guidelines for the Issuance of Export Trade Certificates of Review (Second Edition),” 50 FR 1786 (January 11, 1985).
A copy of the certificate will be kept in the International Trade Administration's Freedom of Information Records Inspection Facility, Room 4100, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20230.Start Signature
Dated: July 21, 2008.
Director, Export Trading Company Affairs.
[FR Doc. E8-17026 Filed 7-24-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-DR-P