60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form G-646, Sworn Statement of Refugee Applying for Admission to the United States; OMB Control No. 1615-0097.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until October 27, 2008.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC, 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail please add the OMB Control Number 1615-0097 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Sworn Statement of Refugee Applying for Admission into the United States.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component sponsoring the collection: Form G-646, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. The data collected on this form is used by the DHS to determine eligibility for the admission of applicants to the United States as refugees.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 75,000 responses at 20 minutes (.333 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 24,975 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://www.regulations.gov/.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529, Telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: August 22, 2008.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E8-19854 Filed 8-26-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P