U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on May 30, 2008.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 33—Specific Domestic Licenses of Broad Scope for Byproduct Material.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0015.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required: There is a one-time submittal of information to receive a license. Once a specific license has been issued, there is a 10-year resubmittal of the information for renewal of the license.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: All applicants requesting a license of broad scope for byproduct material and all current licensees requesting renewal of a broad scope license.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: All of the information collections in Part 33 are captured under OMB clearance number 3150-0120 for NRC Form 313.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: See Item 7.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: See Item 7.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 33 contains mandatory requirements for the issuance of a broad scope license authorizing the use of byproduct material. The subparts cover specific requirements for obtaining a license of broad scope. These requirements include equipment, facilities, personnel, and procedures adequate to protect health and minimize danger to life or property.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by October 20, 2008. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Nathan J. Frey, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0121), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to Nathan_J._Frey@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-7345.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Russell Nichols, (301) 415-6874.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 10th day of September, 2008.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E8-21799 Filed 9-17-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P