National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
Notice of meeting.
In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act, Public Law 92-463, as amended, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration announces a meeting of the National Space-Based Positioning, Navigation Start Printed Page 55165and Timing (PNT) Advisory Board. The agenda for the meeting includes updates from each of the three PNT Panels (Leadership, Strategic Engagement and Communication, Future Challenges), including discussion and deliberation of potential recommendations. The PNT Advisory Board will address U.S. Government interests in the following areas:
- Update on Implementation of the President's 2004 U.S. Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) Policy.
- Overview of National Space-Based PNT Executive Committee, and National Space-Based PNT Coordination Office.
- Status Update on Global Positioning System (GPS) Constellation and Modernization Plans.
- Maintaining U.S. GPS Technological Leadership and Competitiveness.
- Promoting and Branding Current and Future PNT Capabilities to the U.S. and International Communities.
- Global Technical and Market Trends for PNT Services.
- Future Areas of Study and Administration Transition.
Thursday, October 16, 2008, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday October 17, 2008, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Hilton Arlington, 901 North Stafford Street, Arlington, VA 22203. Phone: 703-528-6000.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. James J. Miller, Space Operations Mission Directorate, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Washington, DC 20546. Phone 202-358-4417.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The meeting will be open to the public up to the seating capacity of the room. It is imperative that the meeting be held on this date to accommodate the scheduling priorities of the key participants.Start Signature
Dated: September 18, 2008.
P. Diane Rausch,
Advisory Committee Management Officer, National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
[FR Doc. E8-22491 Filed 9-23-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7510-13-P