Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Start Printed Page 56879Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment in the Federal Register preceding submission to OMB. We are conducting this process in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Department of State Acquisition Regulation (DOSAR).
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0050.
- Type of Request: Revision of Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Administration, Office of the Procurement Executive (A/OPE).
- Form Number: N/A.
- Respondents: Any business, other for-profit, individual, not-for-profit, or household organizations wishing to receive Department of State contracts.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 3,166.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 3,166.
- Average Hours per Response: Varies.
- Total Estimated Burden: 275,970.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Voluntary.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to 60 days from September 30, 2008.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: LatvanasBA@state.gov. You must include the information collection title and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): Barbara Latvanas, Procurement Analyst, Department of State, Office of the Procurement Executive, 2201 C Street, NW., Suite 900, State Annex Number 27, Washington, DC 20522.
- Fax: 703-875-6155.
- Hand Delivery or Courier: Barbara Latvanas, Procurement Analyst, Department of State, Office of the Procurement Executive, 1000 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 900, Arlington, VA 22209. You must include the information collection title and OMB control number in any correspondence.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Barbara Latvanas, Procurement Analyst, Office of the Procurement Executive, Department of State, Washington, DC 20522, who may be reached on 703-516-1755.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of proposed collection: This information collection covers pre-award and post-award requirements of the DOSAR. During the pre-award phase, information is collected to determine which bids or proposals offer the best value to the U.S. Government. Post-award actions include monitoring the contractor's performance; issuing modifications to the contract; dealing with unsatisfactory performance; issuing payments to the contractor; and closing out the contract upon its completion.
Methodology: Information is collected from prospective offerors to evaluate their proposals. The responses provided by the public are part of the offeror's proposals in response to Department solicitations. This information may be submitted electronically (through fax or e-mail), or may require a paper submission, depending upon complexity. After contract award, contractors are required to submit information, on an as-needed basis, and relate to the occurrence of specific circumstances.Start Signature
Dated: September 23, 2008.
Corey M. Rindner,
Procurement Executive, Bureau of Administration, Department of State.
[FR Doc. E8-22993 Filed 9-29-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-24-P