Office of Foreign Assets Control, Treasury.
The Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) is publishing the names of six newly-designated entities whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to Executive Order 13382 of June 28, 2005, “Blocking Property of Weapons of Mass Destruction Proliferators and Their Supporters.”
The designation by the Director of OFAC of the six entities identified in this notice pursuant to Executive Order 13382 is effective on September 17, 2008.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Assistant Director, Compliance Outreach & Implementation, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Department of the Treasury, Washington, DC 20220, tel.: (202) 622-2490.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Electronic and Facsimile Availability
This document and additional information concerning OFAC are available from OFAC's Web site (http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac) or via facsimile through a 24-hour fax-on demand service, tel.: (202) 622-0077.
On June 28, 2005, the President, invoking the authority, inter alia, of the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701-1706) (“IEEPA”), issued Executive Order 13382 (70 FR 38567, July 1, 2005) (the “Order”), effective at 12:01 a.m. eastern daylight time on June 29, 2005. In the Order, the President took additional steps with respect to the national emergency described and declared in Executive Order 12938 of November 14, 1994, regarding the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them.
Section 1 of the Order blocks, with certain exceptions, all property and interests in property that are in the United States, or that hereafter come within the United States or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons, of: (1) The persons listed in an Annex to the Order; (2) any foreign person determined by the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of the Treasury, the Attorney General, and other relevant agencies, to have engaged, or attempted to engage, in activities or transactions that have materially contributed to, or pose a risk of materially contributing to, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction or their means of delivery (including missiles capable of delivering such weapons), including any efforts to manufacture, acquire, possess, develop, transport, transfer or use such items, by any person or foreign country of proliferation concern; (3) any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and other relevant agencies, to have provided, or attempted to provide, financial, material, technological or other support for, or goods or services in support of, any activity or transaction described in clause (2) above or any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to the Order; and (4) any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and other relevant agencies, to be owned or controlled by, or acting or purporting to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to the Order.
On September 17, 2008, the Director of OFAC, in consultation with the Departments of State, Justice, and other relevant agencies, designated six entities whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to Executive Order 13382.
The list of additional designees is as follows:
1. ARMAMENT INDUSTRIES GROUP (a.k.a. “AIG—Armament Industries Group”), Pasdaran Ave., P.O. Box 19585/777 Tehran, Iran; Sepah Islam Road, Karaj Special Road Km 10, Iran [NPWMD].
2. FARASAKHT INDUSTRIES, P.O. Box 83145-311, Kilometer 28, Esfahan—Tehran Freeway, Shahin Shahr, Esfahan, Iran [NPWMD].
3. IRAN AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIAL COMPANY (a.k.a. HESA; a.k.a. “Hava Peyma Sazi-E Iran”; a.k.a. “Hevapeimasazi”; a.k.a. “Havapeyma Sazi Iran”; a.k.a. “Havapeyma Sazhran”; Start Printed Page 64009a.k.a. Iran Aircraft Manufacturing Industries; Karkhanejate Sanaye Havapaymaie Iran; Iran Aircraft Manufacturing Company; a.k.a. IAMCO; a.k.a. IAMI; a.k.a. HESA Trade Center; a.k.a. HTC), P.O. Box 83145-311, 28 km Esfahan—Tehran Freeway, Shahin Shahr, Esfahan, Iran; Shahih Shar Industrial Zone, Isfahan, Iran; P.O. Box 81465-935, Esfahan, Iran; P.O. Box 8140, No. 107 Sepahbod Gharany Ave, Tehran, Iran; P.O. Box 14155-5568, No. 27 Shahamat Ave., Vallie Asr Sqr, Post Code 15946, Tehran, Iran [NPWMD].
4. IRAN COMMUNICATION INDUSTRIES (a.k.a. ICI; a.k.a. Iran Communications Industries Group; a.k.a. Sanaye Mokhaberat Iran), P.O. Box 19295-4731, Pasdaran Avenue, Tehran, Iran; P.O. Box 19575-131, 34 Apadana Avenue, Tehran, Iran; Shahid Langari Street, Nobonyad Square Ave., Pasdaran, Tehran, Iran [NPWMD].
5. IRAN ELECTRONICS INDUSTRIES (a.k.a. IEI; a.k.a. Sanaye Electronic Iran; a.k.a. Sasad Iran Electronics Industries; a.k.a. Sherkat Sanayeh Electronics Iran), Company Registration Number: 829; P.O. Box 19575-365, Shahied Langari Street, Noboniad Sq, Pasdaran Ave, Saltanad Abad, Tehran, Iran; P.O. Box 71365-1174, Hossain Abad/Ardakan Road, Shiraz, Iran [NPWMD].
6. SHIRAZ ELECTRONICS INDUSTRIES (a.k.a. Shiraz Electronic Industries; a.k.a. SEI), P.O. Box 71365-1589, Shiraz, Iran; Hossain Abad Road, Shiraz, Iran [NPWMD].Start Signature
Dated: October 22, 2008.
Acting Director, Office of Foreign Assets Control.
[FR Doc. E8-25600 Filed 10-27-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4811-45-P