60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative, and Form G-28I, Notice of Entry of Appearance of Foreign Attorney. OMB Control No. 1615-0105.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until January 20, 2009.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail, please add the OMB Control Number 1615-0105 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative, and Notice of Entry of Appearance of Foreign Attorney.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form G-28, and Form G-28I. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. The data collected on Forms G-28 and G-28I are used by DHS to determine eligibility of the individual to appear as a representative.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 2,479,000 responses at 20 minutes (.333) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 825,507 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit: http://www.regulations.gov/search/index.jsp.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529, telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: November 14, 2008.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. E8-27515 Filed 11-19-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P