National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Commerce.
Notice of a public meeting.
The New England Fishery Management Council(s (Council) Herring Oversight Committee will meet to consider actions affecting New England fisheries in the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 9:30 a.m.
The meeting will be held at the Sheraton Ferncroft Hotel, 50 Start Printed Page 70983Ferncroft Road, Danvers, MA 01923; telephone: (978) 777-2500.
Council address: New England Fishery Management Council, 50 Water Street, Mill 2, Newburyport, MA 01950.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Paul J. Howard, Executive Director, New England Fishery Management Council; telephone: (978) 465-0492.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The items of discussion in the committee(s agenda are as follows:
1. Continue development of management alternatives for Amendment 4 to the Atlantic Herring Fishery Management Plan (FMP); alternatives may include measures to establish a catch monitoring program for the Atlantic herring fishery, annual catch limits (ACLs) and accountability measures (AMs), and measures to address river herring bycatch;
2. Review and discuss stakeholder proposals/ideas regarding a catch monitoring program for the Atlantic herring fishery;
3. Review and discuss alternatives to establish ACLs and AMs for the Atlantic Herring fishery;
4. Review and discuss updated observer and bycatch information, if available;
5. Discuss other issues related to the development of Amendment 4; and
6. Other Business.
Although non-emergency issues not contained in this agenda may come before this group for discussion, those issues may not be the subject of formal action during this meeting. Action will be restricted to those issues specifically identified in this notice and any issues arising after publication of this notice that require emergency action under section 305(c) of the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, provided the public has been notified of the Council(s intent to take final action to address the emergency.
This meeting is physically accessible to people with disabilities. Requests for sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids should be directed to Paul J. Howard (see ADDRESSES) at least 5 days prior to the meeting date.Start Signature
Dated: November 19, 2008.
Tracey L. Thompson,
Acting Director, Office of Sustainable Fisheries, National Marine Fisheries Service.
[FR Doc. E8-27830 Filed 11-21-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-22-S