Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled the Disaster Response Cooperative Agreement Application Package to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Phil Shaw, Office of Emergency Management at 202-606-6697. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 565-2799 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Katherine Astrich, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Katherine Astrich, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: Katherine_T._Astrich@omb.eop.gov.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on February 12, 2008. This comment period ended April 12, 2008. No public comments were received from this notice.
Description: The Disaster Response Cooperative Agreement allows an existing Corporation grantee to establish a legal framework with the Corporation to support disaster response activities assigned by a FEMA Mission Assignment. Programs operating under a Cooperative Agreement can receive reimbursement of expenses accrued while on disaster assignment.
The Corporation seeks to develop a new Disaster Response Cooperative Agreement (DRCA) Application. When developed, the application will revise/clarify the application review and clearance process. It will also expand data collection to support enhanced asset mapping efforts.
Type of Review: New Information Collection.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Disaster Response Cooperative Agreement Application.
OMB Number: None.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Existing grantees and CNCS supported programs.
Total Respondents: 100 annually.
Frequency: One (1) time.
Average Time per Response: 2 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 200 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: November 17, 2008.
Acting Chief Operations Officer, Corporation for National and Community Service.
[FR Doc. E8-27906 Filed 11-24-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P