Notice of application for an Export Trade Certificate of Review from Golden Tree Trading Company (“GTTC”).
Export Trading Company Affairs (“ETCA”), International Trade Administration, Department of Commerce, has received an application for an Export Trade Certificate of Review (“Certificate”). This notice summarizes the conduct for which certification is sought and requests comments relevant to whether the Certificate should be issued.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jeffrey Anspacher, Director, Export Trading Company Affairs, International Trade Administration, by telephone at (202) 482-5131 (this is not a toll-free number) or e-mail at email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title III of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 (15 U.S.C. 4001-21) authorizes the Secretary of Commerce to issue Export Trade Certificates of Review. An Export Trade Certificate of Review protects the holder and the members identified in the Certificate from state and federal government antitrust actions and from private treble damage antitrust actions for the export conduct specified in the Certificate and carried out in compliance with its terms and conditions. Section 302(b)(1) of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 and 15 CFR 325.6(a) require the Secretary to publish a notice in the Federal Register identifying the applicant and summarizing its proposed export conduct.Start Printed Page 73908
Request for Public Comments
Interested parties may submit written comments relevant to the determination whether a Certificate should be issued. If the comments include any privileged or confidential business information, it must be clearly marked and a nonconfidential version of the comments (identified as such) should be included. Any comments not marked privileged or confidential business information will be deemed to be nonconfidential. An original and five (5) copies, plus two (2) copies of the nonconfidential version, should be submitted no later than 20 days after the date of this notice to: Export Trading Company Affairs, International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, Room 7021-X H, Washington, DC 20230. Information submitted by any person is exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552). However, nonconfidential versions of the comments will be made available to the applicant if necessary for determining whether or not to issue the Certificate. Comments should refer to this application as “Export Trade Certificate of Review, application number 08-00009.” A summary of the application follows.
Summary of the Application
Applicant: Golden Tree Trading Company (“GTTC”), 8040 N. Augusta Street, Fresno, CA 93720.
Contact: Mr. Sypher Lee, Telephone: (626) 500-7942.
Application No.: 08-00009.
Date Deemed Submitted: November 20, 2008.
The applicant (GTTC) seeks a Certificate of Review to engage in the Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation described below in the following Export Trade and Export Markets.
I. Export Trade
3. Technology Rights
Technology rights, including, but not limited to, patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
4. Export Trade Facilitation Services (as They Relate to the Export of Products, Services, and Technology Rights)
Export Trade Facilitation Services including, but not limited to, professional services in the areas of government relations and assistance with state and federal programs; foreign trade and business protocol; consulting; market research and analysis; collection of information on trade opportunities; marketing; negotiations; joint ventures; shipping; export management; export licensing; advertising; documentation and services related to compliance with customs requirements; insurance and financing; trade show exhibitions; organizational development; management and labor strategies; transfer of technology; transportation; and facilitating the formation of shippers' associations.
II. Export Markets
The Export Markets include all parts of the world except the United States (the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands).
III. Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation
1. With respect to the export of Products and Services, licensing of Technology Rights and provision of Export Trade Facilitation Services, GTTC, subject to the terms and conditions listed below, may:
a. Provide and/or arrange for the provision of Export Trade Facilitation Services and engage in promotional and marketing activities and collect information on trade opportunities in the Export Markets and distribute such information to clients;
b. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive licensing and/or sales agreements with Suppliers for the export of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights to Export Markets;
c. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive agreements with distributors and/or sales representatives in Export Markets;
d. Allocate export sales or divide Export Markets among Suppliers for the sale and/or licensing of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights;
e. Allocate export orders among Suppliers;
f. Establish the price of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights for sales and/or licensing in Export Markets;
g. Negotiate, enter into, and/or manage licensing agreements for the export of Technology Rights;
h. Enter into contracts for shipping; and
i. Refuse to provide Export Trade Facilitation Services to customers in any Export Market or Markets.
2. GTTC may exchange information with individual Suppliers on a one-to-one basis regarding that Supplier's inventories and near-term production schedules in order that the availability of Products for export can be determined and effectively coordinated by GTTC with its distributors in Export Markets.
IV. Terms and Conditions of Certificate
1. In engaging in Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation, GTTC will not intentionally disclose, directly or indirectly, to any Supplier any information about any other Supplier's costs, production, capacity, inventories, domestic prices, domestic sales, or U.S. business plans, strategies, or methods that is not already generally available to the trade or public.
2. GTTC will comply with requests made by the Secretary of Commerce on behalf of the Secretary or the Attorney General for information or documents relevant to conduct under the Certificate. The Secretary of Commerce will request such information or documents when either the Attorney General or the Secretary of Commerce believes that the information or documents are required to determine that the Export Trade, Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation of a person protected by this Certificate of Review continue to comply with the standards of section 303(a) of the Act.
“Supplier” means a person who produces, provides, or sells Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights.Start Signature
Dated: November 26, 2008.
Director, Export Trading Company Affairs.
[FR Doc. E8-28724 Filed 12-3-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-DR-P