This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), DOT.
Notice of RTCA Special Committee 222 meeting.
The FAA is issuing this notice to advise the public of a meeting of RTCA Special Committee 222: Inmarsat Aeronautical Mobile Satellite (Route) Services.
The meeting will be held January 15-16, 2009 from: 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. January 15 and 8 a.m. to Noon on January 16.
The meeting will be held at Cocoa Beach Hilton, Cocoa Beach, FL. (This meeting is held in conjunction with the AEEC Air-Ground Communications Subcommittee meeting.) For hotel information and driving directions see http://www.aviation-ia.com/events/AirGroundAnnounce.pdfStart Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
RTCA Secretariat, 1828 L Street, NW, Suite 805, Washington, DC 20036; telephone (202) 833-9339; fax (202) 833-9434; Web site http://www.rtca.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Pursuant to section 10(a)(2) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 5 U.S.C., Appendix 2), notice is hereby given for a Special Committee 222, Inmarsat Aeronautical Mobile Satellite (Route) Services. The agenda will include:
- Opening Plenary Session (Greetings and Introductions).
- RTCA specific information: Presented by Dr. LaBerge.
- Overview of activity background.
- Background on ICAO/RTCA NGSS process.
- Background on MSV Auxiliary Terrestrial Component (ATCt) technology.
- Background on DO-210D issues.
- Review of Authorizing Document (Terms of Reference) as approved by Program Management Committee on October 2, 2008.
- Discussion of and action on committee planning items in Terms of Reference (TOR).
- Discussion of technical items as developed in Agenda Item 4.
- Technical approach to ATCt assessment: basic methodology, structure, effect on and input to RTCA documents.
- Technical approach to Swift Broadband AMS(R)S: basic methodology, structure, documents to be prepared, etc.
Discussions continued on Friday, as necessary.
- SC-222 work task organization and working groups, if necessary
- Discussion of proprietary issues, if any. RTCA, Inc. has specific policies regarding the inclusion of proprietary technology in an RTCA Standard document. This discussion will provide a preliminary look at whether the Start Printed Page 77102proprietary policies of RTCA will be relevant to the SC-222 deliberations.
- Discussion of meeting summary, if necessary
- Schedule next meeting, adjourn (No later than January 16, Noon)
Attendance is open to the interested public but limited to space availability. With the approval of the chairmen, members of the public may present oral statements at the meeting. Persons wishing to present statements or obtain information should contact the person listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section. Members of the public may present a written statement to the committee at any time.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC on December 11, 2008.
Francisco Estrada C.,
RTCA Advisory Committee.
[FR Doc. E8-30033 Filed 12-17-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-13-P