Bureau of Land Management, Interior.
Notice of Wild Horse and Burro Advisory Board Call for Nominations.
The purpose of this notice is to solicit public nominations for three members to the Wild Horse and Burro Advisory Board. The Board provides advice concerning management, protection and control of wild free-roaming horses and burros on the public lands administered by the Department of the Interior, through the Bureau of Land Management, and the Department of Agriculture, through the Forest Service.
Nominations should be submitted to the address listed below no later than February 17, 2009.
National Wild Horse and Burro Program, Bureau of Land Management, Department of the Interior, P.O. Box 12000, Reno, Nevada 89520-0006, Attn: Ramona Delorme; Fax 775-861-6618.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Don Glenn, Division Chief, Wild Horse and Burro Program, (202) 452-5073. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) may contact Ramona Delorme at any time by calling the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Nominations for a term of three years are needed to represent the following categories of interest:
Any individual or organization may nominate one or more persons to serve on the Wild Horse and Burro Advisory Board. Individuals may also nominate themselves for Board membership. All nomination letters/or resumes should include the following:
1. Which positions are you interested in being considered for:
2. Nominee's Full Name:
3. Business Address and Phone: (include e-mail address).
4. Home Address and Phone: (include e-mail address).
5. Present Occupation/Title:
6. Education: (colleges, degrees, major field of study): Start Printed Page 77054
7. Career Highlights: Significant related experience, civic and professional activities, elected offices (included prior advisory committee experience or career achievements related to the interest to be represented) Attach additional pages, as necessary.
8. Qualifications: Education, training and experience that qualify you to serve on the Board.
9. Experience or knowledge of wild horse and burro management and the issues facing the Bureau of Land Management:
10. Experience or knowledge of horses or burros: (Equine health, training and management)
11. Experience in working with disparate groups to achieve collaborative solutions: (e.g., civic organizations, planning commissions, school boards)
12. Indicate any BLM permits, leases or licenses that you hold:
13. Attach or have Letters of References sent from Special Interests or Organizations you may represent. Also letters of endorsement from business associates, friends, coworkers, local State and/or Federal government or members of Congress if applicable.
The above information is critical in determining selection and will influence the appointments.
As appropriate, certain Board members may be appointed as Special Government Employees. Special Government Employees serve on the board without compensation, and are subject to financial disclosure requirements in the Ethics in Government Act and 5 CFR 2634. Nominations are to be sent to the address listed under ADDRESSES, above.
Each nominee will be considered for selection according to their ability to represent their designated constituency, analyze and interpret data and information, evaluate programs, identify problems, work collaboratively in seeking solutions and formulate and recommend corrective actions. Pursuant to section 7 of the Wild Free-Roaming Horses and Burros Act, Members of the Board cannot be employed by either Federal or State Government. Members will serve without salary, but will be reimbursed for travel and per diem expenses at current rates for Government employees. The Board will meet no less than two times annually. The Director, Bureau of Land Management may call additional meetings in connection with special needs for advice.Start Signature
Edwin L. Roberson,
Assistant Director, Renewable Resources and Planning.
[FR Doc. E8-30072 Filed 12-17-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-84-P