U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, DHS.
Interim final rule; Correction.
With this amendment, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) corrects an inadvertent error that was made in the Adjustment of Status to Lawful Permanent Resident for Aliens in T and U Nonimmigrant Status interim rule published in the Federal Register on December 12, 2008, at 73 FR 75540.
This rule is effective January 12, 2009.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Laura Dawkins, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Second Floor, Washington, DC 20529-2140, telephone (202) 272-8350.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Need for Correction
On December 12, 2008, the Department of Homeland Security published an interim rule in the Federal Register at 73 FR 75540 to permit aliens in lawful T or U nonimmigrant status to apply for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident. At 8 CFR 245.24 DHS inadvertently:
- Ended the sentence in paragraph (d)(9) with a “:” instead of a “;”,
- Omitted the word “facts” immediately after the word “specific” at the end of paragraph (d)(9), and
- Ended the sentence in paragraph (d)(10) with a “period” rather than a “; and”.
Correction of PublicationStart Amendment Part
Accordingly, the publication on December 12, 2008, atEnd Amendment Part Start Part
PART 245—ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TO THAT OF PERSON ADMITTED FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE
1. On page 75561, in the second column, at the end of paragraph (d)(9), revise the term “by specific:” to read: “by specific facts;”.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. On page 75561, in the second column, at the end of paragraph (d)(10), remove the “.” and add a “; and” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Signature
Dated: December 30, 2008.
Acting Deputy Director, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. E8-31380 Filed 1-5-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P