Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA is proposing to approve State Implementation Plan (SIP) revisions submitted by the State of Utah on September 7, 1999, and December 1, 2003. The revisions add the requirements of EPA's Consolidated Emission Reporting Rule (CERR) to the State's SIP. The intended effect of this action is to approve only those portions from the State's submittals that add CERR requirements. This action is being taken under section 110 of the Clean Air Act.
In the “Rules and Regulations” section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the State's SIP revisions as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views these as non-controversial SIP revisions and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for taking this action is set forth in the preamble to the direct final rule. If EPA receives no adverse comments, EPA will not take further action on this proposed rule. If EPA receives adverse comments, EPA will withdraw the direct final rule and it will not take effect. EPA will address all public comments in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period on this action. Any parties interested in commenting must do so at this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of this rule and if that provision may be severed from the remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment.
Any written comments on this proposal must be received on or before February 13, 2009.
Submit your comments, identified by Docket ID No. EPA-R08-OAR-2007-1031, by one of the following methods: Start Printed Page 2019
- http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Fax: (303) 312-6064 (please alert the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section if you are faxing comments).
- Mail: Callie Videtich, Director, Air Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop Street, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129.
- Hand Delivery: Callie Videtich, Director, Air Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop Street, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129. Such deliveries are only accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding Federal holidays. Special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules Section of this Federal Register for detailed instructions on how to submit comments.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mark Komp, Air Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 1595 Wynkoop, Denver, Colorado 80202-1129, (303) 312-6022, firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
See the information provided in the Direct Final Action of the same title which is located in the Rules and Regulations Section of this Federal Register.Start Signature
Dated: November 24, 2008.
Stephen S. Tuber,
Acting Regional Administrator, Region 8.
[FR Doc. E9-522 Filed 1-13-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P