U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, DHS.
Final rule; correction.
With this amendment, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) corrects an inadvertent error that was made to the Final Rule titled “Changes to Requirements Affecting H-2B Nonimmigrants and Their Employers” that was published in the Federal Register on December 19, 2008, at 73 FR 78104.
This rule is effective January 18, 2009.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Hiroko Witherow, Business and Trade Services Division, Service Center Operations, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 20 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Second Floor, Washington, DC 20529-2140, telephone (202) 272-9135.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Need for Correction
On December 19, 2008, the Department of Homeland Security published a final rule in the Federal Register at 73 FR 78104 changing requirements affecting H-2B nonimmigrants and their employers. At 8 CFR 214.2, DHS inadvertently:
- Stated in amendment 5.aa that a new sentence would be added at the end of paragraph (h)(11)(i)(A) instead of saying that the last sentence of the paragraph was being revised;
- Omitted a period after the paragraph heading for paragraph (h)(6)(C); and
- Ended the sentence in paragraph (h)(11)(iii)(A)(2) with a “:” instead of a “;”.
Correction of PublicationStart Amendment Part
Accordingly, the publication on December 19, 2008, atEnd Amendment Part Start Part
PART 214-NONIMMIGRANT CLASSES
1. On page 78127, third column, amendment 5.aa., revise the amendatory language from “Adding a new sentence to the end of paragraph (h)(11)(i)(A)” to “Revising the last sentence of paragraph (h)(11)(i)(A)”.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. On page 78128, second column, add a period immediately after the word “End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
3. On page 78130, in the second column, at the end of paragraph (h)(11)(iii)(A)(End Amendment Part Start Signature
Dated: January 13, 2009.
Acting Deputy Director, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. E9-910 Filed 1-15-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P