U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, DHS.
With this amendment, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) corrects an inadvertent error in the amendatory language from the Establishment of a Genealogy Program Final Rule published in the Federal Register on May 15, 2008.
This correction is effective January 16, 2009.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Lynda Spencer, Genealogy Program, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, 1200 First Street, NE., 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20529-2206, telephone (202) 272-8282.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Need for Correction
On May 15, 2008, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) published a final rule in the Federal Register at 73 FR 28026 establishing a fee-for-service Genealogy Program within U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to streamline and improve the process for acquiring historical records of deceased individuals. There was an inadvertent error in that document. In the amendatory language for amendment 2b at 73 FR 28030, DHS inadvertently revised the fifth sentence to 8 CFR 103.7(c)(1) instead of the sixth sentence. As a result the fifth sentence in 8 CFR 103.7(c)(1) is incorrect. This document corrects the error.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Administrative practice and procedure
- Authority delegations (Government agencies)
- Freedom of Information
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Surety bonds
End List of Subjects Start Amendment Part
Accordingly, chapter I of title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations is amended as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 103—POWERS AND DUTIES; AVAILABILITY OF RECORDSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for part 103 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. Section 103.7(c)(1) is amended by revising the fifth and sixth sentences to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(c) * * *
* * * The payment of the additional sum prescribed by section 245(i) of the Act when applying for adjustment of status under section 245 of the Act may not be waived. The fees for Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Services, and for Forms G-1041 and G-1041A, Genealogy Program request forms, may not be waived.
Dated: January 13, 2009.
Acting Deputy Director.
[FR Doc. E9-912 Filed 1-15-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P