60-Day notice of information collection under review: Form I-90, Application To Replace Permanent Resident Card; OMB Control No. 1615-0082.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until March 27, 2009.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529-2210. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail please add the OMB Control Number 1615-0082 in the subject box.
During this 60-day period USCIS will be evaluating whether to revise the Form I-90. Should USCIS decide to revise the Form I-90 it will advise the public when it publishes the 30-day notice in the Federal Register in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act. The public will then have 30 days to comment on any revisions to the Form I-90.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application To Replace Permanent Resident Card.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-90. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals and households. This form will be used by USCIS to determine eligibility for a Lawful Permanent Resident Card.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 410,799 responses at 55 minutes (.916) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 376,292 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit: http://www.regulations.gov/. We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529-2210, telephone number 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: January 15, 2009.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. E9-1596 Filed 1-23-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P