Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled “AmeriCorps Member Application Form” to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Ms. Amy Borgstrom at (202) 606-6930. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 565-2799 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Sharon Mar, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on Wednesday, October 15, 2008. This comment period ended December 15, 2008. Two sets of public comments were received from Corporation grantees. The Corporation gave full consideration to those comments and, for the most part, incorporated their suggested changes in the information collection form.
Description: This Member Application Form will be used by applicants who are interested in serving as AmeriCorps members. The information requested in the application form makes it possible for programs to select members to serve. Programs also use this form as an example that they customize to develop their own recruitment materials. The Corporation also seeks to continue using the current Application Form until the revised Application Form is approved by OMB. The current form is due to expire on January 31, 2009.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: AmeriCorps Member Application Form.
OMB Number: 3045-0054.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Applicants to serve in AmeriCorps.
Total Respondents: 225,000 applicants.
Average Time per Response: 1.5 hours to apply.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 281,250 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: January 26, 2009.
Chief of Program Operations, Corporation for National and Community Service.
[FR Doc. E9-1973 Filed 1-29-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P