Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
Notice of Limitation on Claims for Judicial Review of Actions by FHWA and Other Federal Agencies.
This notice announces action taken by the FHWA and Other Federal Agencies that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. § 139(l)(1). This action is the Record of Decision issued by FHWA for the U.S. 31 Hamilton County Project in the State of Indiana.
By this notice, the FHWA is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. § 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before August 10, 2009. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 180 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Lawrence Heil, P.E., Air Quality/Environmental Specialist, Federal Highway Administration, Indiana Division, 575 North Pennsylvania Street, Room 254, 46204; telephone: (317) 226-7480; e-mail: Larry.Heil@fhwa.dot.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice is hereby given that the FHWA has taken final agency action subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1) by approving the Record of Decision for the following highway project in the State of Indiana: U.S. 31 Hamilton County Project, in Marion and Hamilton Counties. The Selected Alternative provides for an upgrade of existing U.S. 31 to an access-controlled, six-lane freeway between I-465 North Leg and State Road (SR) 38, with the southern terminus of the project extending to 96th Street (approximately 13.1 miles long). The proposed freeway will be substantially within the existing U.S. 31 Corridor, with interchanges and Start Printed Page 6689grade separations at key cross-streets. The actions by FHWA are described in the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for the project, approved on December 1, 2008 and in the FHWA Record of Decision (ROD) issued on January 30, 2009, and in other documents in the project record. The FEIS, ROD, and other documents in the FHWA project file are available by contacting the FHWA at the addresses provided above. The FEIS and ROD can be viewed and downloaded from the project Web site at: http://us31hamiltoncounty.in.gov/ or viewed at public libraries in the project area.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
2. Air: Clean Air Act, 42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q).
3. Land: Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF), 16 U.S.C. 4601-4604; Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act of 1966 [49 U.S.C. 303]; Landscaping and Scenic Enhancement (Wildflowers), [23 U.S.C. 319]; National Forest Management Act (NFMA) of 1976 [16 U.S.C. 1600-1614].
4. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act [16 U.S.C. 1531-1544 and Section 1536], Marine Mammal Protection Act [16 U.S.C. 1361], Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act [16 U.S.C. 661-667(d)], Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 703-712].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archeological Resources Protection Act of 1977 [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-11]; Archeological and Historic Preservation Act [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)]; Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) [25 U.S.C. 3001-3013].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), 42 U.S.C. 300(f)-300(j)(6); Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899, 33 U.S.C. 401-406; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act, 16 U.S.C. 1271-1287; Emergency Wetlands Resources Act, 16 U.S.C. 3921, 3931; TEA-21 Wetlands Mitigation, 23 U.S.C. 103(b)(6)(m), 133(b)(11); Flood Disaster Protection Act, 42 U.S.C. 4001-4128.
8. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13007 Indian Sacred Sites; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; E.O. 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)Start Signature
Issued on: February 2, 2009.
Robert F. Tally Jr.,
Division Administrator, Indianapolis, Indiana.
[FR Doc. E9-2646 Filed 2-9-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-RY-P