U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on January 5, 2009.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension/Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 51—“Environmental Protection Regulations for Domestic Licensing and Related Regulatory Functions.”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0021.
4. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
5. How often the collection is required: Upon submittal of an application for a construction permit, operating license, operating license renewal, early site review, design certification review, decommissioning or termination review, or manufacturing license, or upon submittal of a petition for rulemaking.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Licensees and applicants requesting approvals for actions proposed in accordance with the provisions of 10 CFR parts 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 39, 40, 50, 52, 54, 60, 61, 70, and 72.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 23.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 23.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 92,281.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 51 specifies information to be provided by applicants and licensees so that the NRC can make determinations necessary to adhere to the policies, regulations, and public laws of the United States, which are to be interpreted and administered in accordance with the policies set forth in the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, as amended.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by May 11, 2009. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
NRC Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0021), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Gregory Trussell, (301) 415-6445.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 1st day of April 2009.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E9-8063 Filed 4-8-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P