In accordance with Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation announces the following meeting:
Name: Advisory Committee for Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences (#1171).
Date/Time: May 21, 2009; 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; May 22, 2009; 8:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Stafford II, Room 555, Arlington, VA 22230.
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Ms. Lisa Jones, Office of the Assistant Director, Directorate for Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences, National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Room 905, Arlington, Virginia 22230, 703-292-8700.
Summary of Minutes: May be obtained from contact person listed above.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendation to the National Science Foundation on major goals and policies pertaining to Social, Behavioral and Economic Sciences Directorate programs and activities.
Updates and discussions on continuing activities:
- Budget process and status: FY 2009, ARRA, FY 2010.
- NSTC Report on SBE Sciences: From research to policy.
- Science of Broadening Participation.
- Reports from SBE liaisons with other Advisory Committees and possibilities for future cooperation: CEOSE, CISE, CI, ERE, GPA.
Discussion with the NSF Director.
Updates and discussion on continuing activities:
- SBE Infrastructure.
- SBE/CISE joint AC subcommittee on portfolio analysis.
Committees of Visitors: Discussion and Acceptance of Reports:
- Science of Learning Centers Program.
- Division of Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences.
- Division of Science Resource Statistics.
Planning for FY 2010 and Beyond.Start Signature
Dated: April 28, 2009.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. E9-10027 Filed 4-30-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P