60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: E-Verify Non-User Survey and Employee-Employer Survey in Arizona. OMB Control No. 1615-0108.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until August 3, 2009.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Products Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail, please add the OMB Control Number 1615-0108 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: E-Verify Non-User Survey and Employee-Employer Survey in Arizona.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No form number. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. The data collected on these surveys will be used to evaluate the E-Verify Program.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: Web survey of non-users 2,250 respondents × .333 (20 minutes) per response. Arizona interview with employers 100 respondents × 2 hours per response. Arizona interview with employees 450 respondents × 1 hour per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,399 annual burden hours.
If you need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, or need additional information, please visit: http://www.regulations.gov/search/index.jsp.
If additional information is required contact: USCIS, Regulatory Products Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529-2210, (202) 272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: May 27, 2009.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Products Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E9-12776 Filed 6-1-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P