U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register Notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on March 6, 2009.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 55, “Operators' Licenses”.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0018.
4. The form number if applicable: NA.
5. How often the collection is required: As necessary for NRC to meet its responsibilities to determine the eligibility of applicants for operators' licenses, prepare or review initial operator licensing and requalification examinations for and performance of simulation facilities.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Holders of, and applicants for, facility (i.e. nuclear power and research and test reactors) operating licenses and individual operators' licenses.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 345.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 243.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 120,377.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR Part 55, “Operators' Licenses,” of the NRC's regulations, specifies information and data to be provided by applicants and facility licenses so that the NRC may make determinations concerning the licensing and requalification of operators for nuclear reactors, as necessary to promote public health and safety. The reporting and recordkeeping requirements contained in 10 CFR Part 55 are mandatory for the licensees and applicants affected.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by July 8, 2009. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
NRC Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0018), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Tremaine Donnell, (301) 415-6258.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 1st day of June 2009.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E9-13295 Filed 6-5-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P