The Department of Commerce (DOC), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, invites the general public and other Federal agencies to comment on continuing and proposed information collection, as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13 (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)).
Written comments must be submitted on or before August 11, 2009.
Direct all written comments to Diana Hynek, Departmental Forms Clearance Officer, Department of Commerce, Room 7845, 1401 Constitution Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20230 (or via e-mail to dHynek@doc.gov).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Requests for additional information or copies of the information collection instrument(s) and instructions should be directed to Clifton Beck, NTIA, Room Start Printed Page 28018H-4888, U.S. Department of Commerce, 1401 Constitution Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20230 (or via e-mail to email@example.com).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The purpose of the Public Telecommunications Facilities Program is to assist, through matching funds, in the planning and construction of public telecommunications facilities in order to achieve the following objectives:
- Extend delivery of public telecommunications services to as many citizens in the United States as possible by the most efficient and economical means, including the use of broadcast and nonbroadcast technologies;
- Increase public telecommunications services and facilities available to, operated by, and owned by minorities and women; and
- Strengthen the capability of existing public radio and television stations to provide public telecommunications services to the public.
The reports submitted by the grantees include:
- Construction schedule/planning timetable (one time).
- Performance reports (quarterly).
- Close-out materials after completion of the project (one time).
- Annual reports for the duration of the government's interest in the equipment (annually for a ten-year period).
II. Method of Collection
The reports may be submitted by mail, fax, or the Internet (beginning in FY 2010, all reports will be submitted over the Internet).
OMB Control Number: 0660-0001.
Form Number: None.
Type of Review: Regular submission.
Affected Public: Not-for-profit institutions, state or local government agencies.
Estimated Number of Total Respondents: 1,940.
Estimated Time Per Response: 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Estimated Total Annual Burden Hours: 5,080.
Estimated Total Annual Cost to the Public: $0.
IV. Request for Comments
Comments are invited on: (a) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden (including hours and cost) of the proposed collection of information; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, e.g., the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for OMB approval of the information collection. Comments will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: June 9, 2009.
Management Analyst, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. E9-13805 Filed 6-11-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-60-P