Title: 30-Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS-3077, Request for Entry into Children's Passport Issuance Alert Program, OMB 1405-0169.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Request for Entry into Children's Passport Issuance Alert Program.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0169.
- Type of Request: Revision.
- Originating Office: CA/OCS/PRI.
- Form Number: DS-3077.
- Respondents: Concerned parents or their agents, institutions, or courts.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 4,420.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 4,420.
- Average Hours Per Response: 30 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden: 2,210 hrs.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Voluntary.
Submit comments to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for up to 30 days from June 30, 2009.
Direct comments and questions to Katherine Astrich, the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), who may be reached at 202-395-4718. You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: email@example.com. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, 725 17th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20503.
- Fax: 202-395-5806.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
You may obtain copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents from Derek A Rivers, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS/PRI), U.S. Department of State, SA-29, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20520, who may be reached on (202) 736-9082 or ASKPRI@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary to properly perform our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond.
Abstract of Proposed Collection
The information requested will be used to support entry of a minor's (an unmarried person under 18) name into the Children's Passport Issuance Alert Program (CPIAP). CPIAP provides a mechanism for parents or other persons with legal custody of a minor to obtain information regarding whether the Department has received a passport application for the minor. This program was developed as a means to prevent international abduction of a minor or to help prevent other travel of a minor without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. If a minor's name and other identifying information has been entered into the CPIAP, when the Department receives an application for a new, replacement, or renewed passport for the minor, the application will be placed on hold for up to 60 days and Passport Services will attempt to notify the requestor of receipt of the application. Form DS-3077 will be primarily submitted by a parent or legal guardian of a minor.
The completed form DS-3077 may be submitted to Passport Services by e-mail, fax, or mail.Start Signature
Dated: June 18, 2009.
Mary Ellen Hickey,
Managing Director, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. E9-15440 Filed 6-29-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P