Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
In accordance with section 6(f)(1) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended, EPA is issuing a notice of receipt of request for amendments by registrants to delete uses in a pesticide registration. Section 6(f)(1) of FIFRA provides that a registrant of a pesticide product may at any time request that any of its pesticide registrations be amended to delete one or more uses. FIFRA further provides that, before acting on the request, EPA must publish a notice of receipt of any request in the Federal Register.Start Printed Page 31429
The deletions are effective July 31, 2009, unless the Agency receives a written withdrawal request on or before July 31, 2009. The Agency will consider a withdrawal request postmarked no later than July 31, 2009.
Users of this product who desire continued use on crops or sites being deleted should contact the applicable registrant on or before July 31, 2009.
Submit your withdrawal request, identified by docket identification (ID) number EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0321, by one of the following methods:
- Mail: Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) Regulatory Public Docket (7502P), Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
- Delivery: OPP Regulatory Public Docket (7502P), Environmental Protection Agency, Rm. S-4400, One Potomac Yard (South Bldg.), 2777 S. Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA. Deliveries are only accepted during the Docket Facility's normal hours of operation (8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays). Special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information. The Docket Facility telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Eliza Blair, Antimicrobials (7510P) Division, Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (703) 308-7279; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general. Although, this action may be of particular interest to persons who produce or use pesticides, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the information in this notice, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Copies of this Document and Other Related Information?
1. Docket. EPA has established a docket for this action under docket ID number EPA-HQ-OPP-2009-0321. Publicly available docket materials are available either in the electronic docket at http://www.regulations.gov, or, if only available in hard copy, at the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) Regulatory Public Docket in Rm. S-4400, One Potomac Yard (South Bldg.), 2777 S. Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA. The hours of operation of this Docket Facility are from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The Docket Facility telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
2. Electronic access. You may access this Federal Register document electronically through the EPA Internet under the “Federal Register” listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr.
II. What Action is the Agency Taking?
This notice announces receipt by the Agency of applications from registrants to delete uses in a pesticide registration. This registration is listed in Table 1 of this unit by registration number, product name, active ingredient, and specific uses deleted:
|EPA Registration No.||Product Name||Active Ingredient||Delete from Label|
|1965-8||Vancide 51||Sodium Dimethyldithiocarbamate||Preservation of Cotton Fabric; Preservation of Wood Veneer; Preservation of Alginate Pastes|
The sodium dimethyldithiocarbamate registrant has requested that the Agency waive the 180-day comment period. The Agency will provide a 30-day comment period on the proposed requests.
Users of this product who desire continued use on crops or sites being deleted should contact the applicable registrant before July 31, 2009 to discuss withdrawal of the application for amendment. This 30-day period will also permit interested members of the public to intercede with registrants prior to the Agency's approval of the deletion.
Table 2 of this unit includes the name and address of record for the registrant of the product listed in Table 1 of this unit, in sequence by EPA company number.
|EPA Company Number||Company Name and Address|
|1965||R.T. Vanderbilt Co. Inc. 30 Winfield St Norwalk, CT 06856-5150|
III. What is the Agency's Authority for Taking this Action?
Section 6(f)(1) of FIFRA provides that a registrant of a pesticide product may at any time request that any of its pesticide registrations be amended to delete one or more uses. The FIFRA further provides that, before acting on the request, EPA must publish a notice of receipt of any such request in the Federal Register. Thereafter, the Administrator may approve such a request.
IV. Procedures for Withdrawal of Request
Registrants who choose to withdraw a request for use deletion must submit the withdrawal in writing to Eliza Blair using the methods in ADDRESSES. The Agency will consider written withdrawal requests postmarked no later than July 31, 2009.
V. Provisions for Disposition of Existing Stocks
The Agency has authorized the registrants to sell or distribute product under the previously approved labeling for a period of 18 months after approval of the revision, unless other restrictions have been imposed, as in special review actions.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Pesticides and pests
- Dimethyldithiocarbamate salts
- Sodium dimethyldithiocarbamate
Dated: June 11, 2009.
Joan Harrigan Farrelley,
Director, Antimicrobials Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. E9-14997 Filed 6-30-09; 8:45 a.m.]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S