Coast Guard, DHS.
Notice of enforcement of regulation.
The Coast Guard will enforce certain safety zones for annual fireworks displays in the Captain of the Port Buffalo Zone. This action is necessary for the safety of life and property on navigable waters during these events. During the enforcement period, no person or vessel may enter the safety zones without the permission of the Captain of the Port Buffalo.
The regulations in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(1) through (4), (6) through (9), (11), (13), and (14) will be enforced from July 3, 2009 through July 26, 2009.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have questions on this notice, call or e-mail LT Brian Sadler, Waterways Management Division Chief, Coast Guard Sector Buffalo, 1 Fuhrmann Blvd., Buffalo, NY 14203; telephone 716-843-9573, e-mail Brian.L.Sadler@USCG.Mil.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Coast Guard will enforce the following safety zones described in 33 CFR 165.939:
1. Boldt Castle 4th of July Fireworks on the St. Lawrence River, Heart Island, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(1) on July 5, 2009 from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
2. Clayton Chamber of Commerce Fireworks on the St. Lawrence River, Clayton, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(2) on July 3, 2009 from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m.
3. French Festival Fireworks on the St. Lawrence River, Cape Vincent, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(3) on July 11, 2009 from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
4. Brewerton Fireworks on Oneida River near Lake Ontario, Brewerton, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(4) on July 3, 2009 from 9:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
5. Island Festival Fireworks Display on the Seneca River, Baldwinsville, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(6) on July 4, 2009 from 9:45 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
6. Seneca River Days on the Seneca River, Baldwinsville, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(7) on July 10, 2009 from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
7. Oswego Harborfest on Lake Ontario, Oswego, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(8) on July 25, 2009 from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.
8. Village Fireworks on Sodus Bay, Sodus Point, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(9) on July 3, 2009 from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m.
9. Tom Graves Memorial Fireworks on Port Bay, Wolcott, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(11) on July 3, 2009 from 10 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
10. North Tonawanda Fireworks Display on the East Niagara River, North Tonawanda, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(13) on July 4, 2009 from 9:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
11. Tonawanda's Canal Fest Fireworks on the East Niagara River, Tonawanda, NY in 33 CFR 165.939(a)(14) on July 26, 2009 from 9:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
These regulations can also be found in the May 19, 2008 issue of the Federal Register (73 FR 28704).
Under the provisions of 33 CFR 165.23, entry into, transiting, or anchoring within these safety zones is prohibited unless authorized by the Captain of the Port Buffalo or his designated representative. Vessels that wish to transit through the any of these safety zones may request permission from the Captain of the Port Buffalo. Requests must be made in advance and approved by the Captain of Port before transits will be authorized. Approvals will be granted on a case by case basis. The Captain of the Port may be contacted via U.S. Coast Guard Sector Buffalo on channel 16, VHF-FM. The Coast Guard will give notice to the public via a Broadcast to Mariners that the regulation is in effect.
This notice is issued under authority of 33 CFR 165.939 and 5 U.S.C. 552(a). If the District Commander, Captain of the Port, or other official authorized to do so, determines that the regulated area need not be enforced for the full duration stated in this notice, he or she may use a Broadcast Notice to Mariners to grant general permission to enter the safety zone.Start Signature
Dated: July 2, 2009.
Captain, U.S. Coast Guard, Captain of the Port Buffalo.
[FR Doc. E9-16682 Filed 7-13-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-15-P