30-Day Notice of New Information Collection; Form 10-002, Electronic Funds Transfer Waiver Request.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), is submitting the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The Information Collection was previously published in the Federal Register on June 2, 2009, Vol. 74 No. 101 26416, allowing for a 60 day public comment period. USICE received no comments on this Information Collection from the public during this 60 day period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for thirty days, until September 3, 2009.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies regarding items contained in this notice Start Printed Page 38665and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. Comments should be addressed to the OMB Desk Officer for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security, and sent via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: New Information Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Electronic Funds Transfer Waiver Request.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form 10-002, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Individual or Households, Business or other non-profit. The information collected on the Form 10-002 is necessary for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to determine if an individual or business is exempt from the Electronic Funds Transfer requirements of the Debt Collection Improvement Act by meeting certain conditions.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 650 responses at 30 minutes (.50 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 325 annual burden hours.
Requests for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with instructions; or inquiries for additional information should be requested via e-mail to: email@example.com with “ICE Form 10-002” in the subject line.Start Signature
Dated: July 30, 2009.
Joseph M. Gerhart,
Records Management Branch Chief, Office of Asset Management, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E9-18613 Filed 8-3-09; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P